Dr. Dorina Petriu: Graduate Students
Completed with thesis:
- Paul David Deji, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Derivation of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Table from UML Software Model by Epsilon Model Transformation", September, 2016.
- Mana Hassanzadeh Zargari, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Automatic Derivation of LQN Performance Models from UML software models using Epsilon", January 2016.
- Naif Alzahrani, Ph.D., Thesis "Automatic Derivation of Dependability and Fault Tolerance Analysis Models from Software Architecture", December 2015.
- Nariman Mani, Ph.D., Thesis "Studying the Performance Impact of SOA Design Patterns via Coupled Model Transformations", May 2015.
- Zhao Zhao, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Automatic derivation of Fault Trees from UML models", August 2014.
- Mohammad Alhaj, Ph.D., Thesis "Automatic Derivation of performance Models in the Context of Model-Driven SOA", January 2014.
- Jun Li, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Performance Measurement and Modeling of BPEL Orchestrations", September 2013.
- Mirela Tabra, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "URN model of the requirements for operating and maintaining complex distributed systems", January 2013.
- Muhammad Kaleem Khan, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Performance Measurements of SOA Design Patterns for Messaging and Service Invocation", January 2013.
- Mira Vrbaski, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Domain-Independent Context Awareness Framework", December 2012.
- Rasha Tawhid, Ph.D., Thesis "Integrating Performance Analysis in Model Driven Software Product Line Engineering", May 2012.
- Pantanowitz Motshegwa, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Aspect-Oriented Modelling in UML Sequence Diagrams",
(co-supervision with Prof. Samuel Ajila), Nov.2009.
- Omar Mahmoud, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Rule-based transformation from UML+MARTE to CSM”, Sept. 2009.
- Mohammad AlHaj, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Aspect Composition in Core Scenario Models", June 2008.
- Hui Liu, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Transformation of UML 2.0 Models Extended with MARTE to
Core Scenario Models", June 2008.
- Hongyan Gong, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Composition of Aspects Represented as UML Activity Diagrams", June 2008.
- Nasser H. Dardas, M.A.Sc., Thesis "Performance Cost of Different Security Features", January 2008.
- Gordon Gu, Ph.D., Thesis "XML-based transformation of UML models
to performance models", 2007.
- Christina Catley, Ph.D., Thesis "Integrated Web Service Infrastructure
for Perinatal Clinical Decision Support"
(co-supervision with Dr. Monique Frize), 2007.
- Marius Cordea, Ph.D., Thesis "A 3D Anthropometric Muscle-Based Active Appearance Model for Model-Based Video Coding"
(co-supervision with Dr. E. Petriu, SITE, University of Ottawa), 2007.
- Toqeer Israr, M.App.S., Thesis
"Transformation of UML 2.0 models into Core Scenario Models",
- Jing Li, M.App.S., Thesis "Design, Implementation and Performance Evaluation of
Layer-2 MPLS-based VPN", September 2004.
- Mohamed El-Dariebi, Ph.D., Thesis "Scalable Network Control",
(co-supervision with Dr. Jerry Rolia, Hewlett Packard Labs), 2004.
- Yonquing Han, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Security Key Managenement for IP-based Virtual Private Networks", May 2003.
- Jinhua Zhang, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Applying the UML Performance Profile to Systems built with Reusable Frameworks", Jan. 2003.
- Bo Cheng, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Scalability of VPNs based on the Blocking Island Protocol", Jan. 2003.
- Huijun Yang, M.S., Thesis "BGP Inter-domain Routing Traffic Analysis",
M.S.(ISS) Thesis, Sept. 2002.
- Xiaoli(Lucy) Yang, Thesis "Script Language for Avatar Animation in a 3D
Virtual Environment", (co-supervision with Dr. Thom Whalen, CRC),
- Hui Shen, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "XMI-based transformation of UML models to LQN performance
models", April 2002.
- Jianxue Huang, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Performance analysis by simulation of L2TP tunneling",
- Eric C.Wong, M.S.(ISS), Thesis, "XMI-based Transformation of UML Interaction
Diagrams to Activity Diagrams"
- Ling He, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "UML Activity Diagram Reduction by Graph Transformation",
- Hoda Amer, M.Eng., Thesis "Automated Transformation of UML Software
Specifications into LQN Performance Models using Graph-Grammar Techniques"
- Mahad Ahmed, M.Eng., Thesis "Performance-Oriented Analysis of the
Open Shortest-Path-First Routing Protocol", September 1999.
- Xin Wang, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Deriving Software Performance Models from Architectural
Patterns by Graph Transformations", September 1999.
- Ileana Constantinescu, M.Eng., Thesis "Performance of Object-Oriented Designs with
Patterns", September 1999.
- Binjung Li, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Performance Analysis Based on
Operational Components in an OO Framework",
- Christiane Shousha, M.Eng., Thesis "Applying Layered Queueing Network modelling to a
elecommunication System", September 1998.
- Hamideh Mostafavi, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Performance Effects of Applying Design
Patterns to a Telecommunication System", September 1998.
- Omotunde A. Adebayo, M.Eng., Thesis "Performance analysis of Client/Broker/Sever
Systems" (co-supervised with Prof. J.E.Neilson, School of Computer Science),
- Leslie Leckie-Steele, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Database server in a distributed environment:
implementation and performance measurements", June 1997.
- Gurudas Somadder, M.Eng., Thesis "OO Multi-Threaded Servers: Design with Reusable
Components, Performance Measurements and Analysis, March 1997.
- Luminita Mona Metea, M.Eng., Thesis "Performance Modelling and Measurements of
Object-Oriented Software", September 1996.
- Jennifer Liu, M.S.(ISS), Thesis "Performance analysis of object-oriented software",
(co-supervised with Prof. J.P.Corriveau, School of Computer Science)
- Jingping Lin, M.Eng. Thesis, "Performance analysis of client server
systems with multi-threaded clients",(co-supervised with Prof. S.Majumdar,
System and Computer Eng.), January 1994.
Completed with Project:
- Karishma Dawra, M.Eng., Project “Transformation of UML models to Queuing Network models using
Epsilon”, April 2016.
- Parth Vyas, M.Eng., Project “Evaluation of Papyrus, an open-source UML tool”, April 2016.
- Rui (Rita) Liu, "Customer Edge Autoconfiguration in IP VPNs", M.Eng. project, Sept. 2003.
- Jason Ke, "Design and Implementation fo a Building Security System",
M.S.(ConGESE) project, April 2003.
- Tian Lei, "Distributed Observer Pattern",
M.S.(ISS) project, September 2000.
- Namrata Kumar, "UML modelling of Network Management Software",
M.S.(ConGESE) project, April 2000.
- Yimei Sun, "Consistent behaviour representation in UML
sequence and activity diagrams", M.S.(ISS) project, April 2000.
- Lawrence Mao, "Client-server system analysis by hierarchical
decomposition", M.Eng. project, June 1996.
- Qi Wang, "Design of a Java framework for web servers",
M.S.(ISS) project, April 1998.
- Adnan Faisal, Ph.D., thesis topic "Extending the Layered Queueing Network model with communication modeling", co-supervised with Prof. Murray Woodside
- Farhana Islam, Ph.D., thesis topic "Multi-paradigm modeling for analysis of software non-functional properties", co-supervised with Prof. Murray Woodside
- Taghreed Altamimi, Ph.D., “Co-evolution of software and analysis models”, started Sept. 2014.
- Bashar Al Shboul, Ph.D., “Safety modeling and analysis”, started Sept 2014.
Back to the Systems and Computer Engineering Page
Questions and comments regarding this site? email@example.com