Main Administrative Duties:
· Program Coordinator, Software Engineering, July 1st 2018 – Present
· Director of OCIECE, July 2016 – June 2019
· Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) Coordinator, July 2016 – June 2017
· Program Coordinator, Software Engineering, July 2015 – June 2016
· Associate Chair for Graduate Studies, July 2010 – June 2013
· Undergraduate Co-op Coordinator, July 2008 – June 2010
· Coordinator, RADS Research Group, Sept 2008 – June 2010
· Software Engineering: Software Architecture, Self-Adaptive Systems, Service-Oriented Computing, Generative Programming, Software Product Line Engineering, Software Reengineering.
· Computer Networks: Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization, Traffic Engineering, Quality of Service, Content-Based Routing, Wireless Communications, Ad-Hoc Networks, Sensor Networks, and Network-Based Control Systems.
· Cloud/Edge Computing and Data Analytics: Internet of Things (IoT), Cloud/Edge Computing, Big Data Analytics, Resource Management, Web Services, Real-time Concurrent Software.
Did you know?
Software Engineering at
Systems and Software Engineering at
Carleton University is one the top institutions in the world, according to The
Journal of Systems and Software (2010), doi:10.1016/j.jss.2010.09.036.
Telecommunication Engineering Global
Ranking (ranked 33rd in 2019 and 27th in 2020 in the top
300 list): http://www.shanghairanking.com/Shanghairanking-Subject-Rankings/telecommunication-engineering.html.
· The research area of Computer Science and Computer Engineering at Carleton University has been ranked 5th in Canada for impact in research by the ISI Citation Index. The ranking considers the number of indexed publications and their citations between 2003–2007. Carleton is ranked 3rd in Canada according to the number of indexed publications in the same period. Further information can be found here.
List of Students Supervised
Congratulations to the following students who were awarded prizes in the CENGN-TELUS-Juniper Throwdown Competition (Aug. 2016):
o Manosh Jayawardena and Sameer Sultan (on first place team)
o Sankarsha Sakkarepattana (on second place team)
o Zhe Zhang (on third place team)
o Congratulations to Christian Sargusingh, Steven Zhou, and Aaron Huang. Their 4th-year project Light Emitting Access Point (LEAP) has won the 2020 W.E. Cowie Innovation Award, valued at $27,000. See the video: https://youtu.be/aiTprGXODSQ
o Dario Luzuriaga, Chung-Horng Lung, Margaret Funmilayo, “Software-Based Video-Audio Production Mixer via an IP Network”, IEEE Access, Jan 2020, pp. 11456 – 11468.
Video long demo of 12' for reference (2019 IEEE Access Best Multimedia Award):
https://vimeo.com/382509602 (without subtitles)
https://vimeo.com/382506881 (with subtitles)
Video demo of 3' to embed or download:
https://vimeo.com/382508082 (with subtitles)
Research Collaborators (in alphabetical order):