SUPERVISION OF GRADUATE STUDENT
· Ph.D: 1
· MASc: 2
· I. AlMohimeed, Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering gDesign and construction of a double-layer PVDF wearable ultrasonic sensor for the quantitative assessment of muscle contractile propertiesh, 2021.
· A.J. Fernandes, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gClassification of individual finger flexions using ultrasound radiofrequency signalsh, 2020 (Co-supervision with Prof. E. Ukwatta).
· E. Yeung, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gA method to characterize skeletal muscle contractile properties using a wearable ultrasonic sensorh, 2020.
· S.K. Venugopal, MASc. in Electrical and Computer, gAutomatic arterial wall detection and diameter tracking using M-mode ultrasoundh, 2019 (Co-supervision with Prof. S. Rajan).
· Z. Qu, Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, gUltrasonic methods to measure shear wave velocity and absorption for tissue viscoelasticity characterizationh, 2017.
· F. Zabihollahy, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gContinuous monitoring of mechanical properties of plantar soft tissue using wearable ultrasonic and force sensors for diabetic patientsh, 2016.
· Y. Awwad, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gMotion estimation and registration of B-mode ultrasound images for improved visualisationh, 2014 (Co-supervision with Prof. C. Joslin).
· H. Turkistani, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gUltrasonic signal processing for continuous measurements of tissue displacement and thickness during muscle contractionh, 2013.
· I. AlMohimeed, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gDevelopment of wearable ultrasonic sensors for monitoring muscle contractionh, 2013.
· A. Huang, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gEffect of ultrasonic probe movement on tissue displacement measurements for muscle monitoringh, 2013.
· D. Moisseev, MEng. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, gBone densitometry with simultaneous gamma transmission and ultrasound measurementsh, 2012.
· C. Tan, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gMagnetic Resonance Elastography Using a Single-Sided Constant Gradient Magneth, 2011 (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Marble).
· F. Vakhshi, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gParameter estimation techniques for ultrasound phase reconstructionh (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Adler), 2010.
· R. Morehouse, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gUltrasound elastography and characterization of soft tissue mimicking phantomsh, 2010.
· Z. Qu, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gDevelopment of ultrasound measurement system for characterizing viscoelastic materials using ultrasound reflectance methodh, 2010.
· J. Silver, MASc. in Electrical Engineering, gDevelopment of ultrasound based techniques for measuring skeletal muscle motionh, (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Adler), 2009.
· D. Mohamed, MASc. in Biomedical Engineering, gPiezoelectric sensor and respiration simulator system for sleep monitoringh, 2008.
4TH-YEAR STUDENTS FOR ENGINEERING PROJECTS
· B. Elkhaledy, J. Downing, T. Courtland, gBrain Tumor Classification Using Machine Learningh (Co-supervision with Prof. Sreeraman Rajan).
· O. Jemal, A. Ng, G. Han, Y. Zhou, gProgrammable Microcontroller Driven Smart Bedh.
· A. Sinnadurai, N. Su, J. Garcia, J. Wang, gPosture Monitoring Systemh.
· A. Ganesh, P. Lacasse, H.G. Ravichandran, G.N. Babu, gMonitoring Rock Climbing Activities Using A Wearable Deviceh.
· A. Shahbaz, G. Hamilton, K. Tran, T. Tran, gArterial Diameter Estimation Using Ultrasoundh (Co-supervision with Prof. S. Rajan).
· O. Arscott, K. Shah, L. Stys, gEEG Classification for Monitoring Mental Alertnessh (Co-supervision with Prof. S. Rajan).
· D. Elhajjar, H. Yusuf, W. Bahitham, R. Abu-Saleh, gVein Locatorh.
· M. Yamauchi, A. Haidar, C. Hegan, R. Pinto, gCombat Data Acquisition System (CDAS)h.
· T. Morton, R. Toonders, D. Boskovic, P. Webster, gGo Live: Telepresence Head Tracking Systemh.
· A. B. Wazir, A. Birdi, J. Goldnau-Vogt, M. Sabbagh, gShifty: Automatic Bicycle Transmission Systemh. (Industry Choice Group Award)
· R. Ly, A. Almalki, K. Lee, A. Garcia, gAnzen Bike: Safety System for Bicyclesh.
· D. Bews, J. Oommen, gElectronic swim coachh (Co-supervision with Prof. J. Green).
· M. Singh, R. Islam, R. Peri, A. Alshehhi, gHaptic Feedback Headband with Vibration Alert System for the Visually Impairedh.
· M. Karuneswaran, M. Hammad, A. Khedr, gUltrasonic Visualizer for the Visually Impairedh.
· N. Chaudhury, A. Kothapalli, S. Dave, A. Fanaswala, gDriver Fatigue Detection and Alert Systemh.
· Y. Huang, R. Khaddage, G. Kumarakuladervan, S.-U.-R. Mirza, gBack Brace with Built-in Sensorsh.
· M. Ntema, T. Kebadiretse, L. Kajane, gEnergy harvesting for wireless nodesh, (Co-supervision with Dr. N. Mrad, Defence R&D Canada).
· S. Neupane, L. Russell, C. Schruder, B. Haider, gCuffless finger blood pressure sensorh, (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Marble).
· I. Aleem, A. Alsaafin, A. Khanna, N. Pradhan, gCompact MRI Systemh, (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Marble).
· I. Hossain, A. Diotte, A. Hammad, gRFID Sensorh, (Co-supervision with Dr. N. Mrad, DRDC).
· P. Kaushik, S. Tharumalingam, R. Mirpuri, gDental biting force sensorh.
· F. Al-Otaibi, M. Al-Shaghdari, F. Al-Zahrani, M. Hay, gArterial pulse wave monitoringh, (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Marble).
· A. Shukla, A. Shaddy, I. Ibraheem, A. Sarswat, gWireless Heart Pulse Rate Monitoring Systemh, (Co-supervision with Prof. I. Lambadaris).
· D. Goodkey, J. Malloy, M. Russell, gSound healing and therapyh, (Co-supervision with Prof. A. Chan).