- Technical entrepreneurship
- Strategy and organization of high-tech firms
- New product development
- Distributed innovation in communities and business ecosystems
- Business models for commercialization of technological innovation
- Engineering management
- Open source software, open innovation, and open source ecosystems
List of Publications
Resources for Students
for Publishing at Conferences
- Research on business models and business model frameworks
- Research on platforms, communities, and business ecosystems
Technology Innovation Management (TIM) at Carleton University
Activities and Service:
- Lead to Win (LTW) is a program
for talented individuals who want to launch a new technology business.
If you are serious about starting a new
tech-based company, please
- Carleton Entrepreneurs
is a program promoting and enabling student entrepreneurs. If you are a Carleton student
or recent graduate who is serious about launching a new company,
- The Technology Innovation Management Review
(TIM Review) is an open access journal providing insightful content about the issues and emerging trends relevant to launching and growing technology businesses. The TIM Review was formerly the Open Source Business Resource (OSBR.ca) from July 2007 to August 2011 (ISSN 1913-6102).
- Member of the Review Board, 2011-present
- Member of the Advisory Board, 2007-2011
- Guest editor, December
2008 issue on the theme of Enabling Innovation.
- BigBlueButton is an open
source webconferencing platform developed at Carleton University and hosted at
BigBlueButton is a key component of the multimedia distance education platform for delivering TIM
graduate courses over the web to students all over the world.