Department of Systems and Computer Engineering
SYSC 5708 (ELG 6178) Model-Driven Development of
Real-Time and Distributed Software
- According to Carleton's Exam Schedule, the Final Exam will take place on Thursday, December 10, 2015
from 7pm - 10 pm, room AT 301 (Azrieli Theatre).
The exam is open book.
Office hours before the final exam are scheduled on Thursday, December 10, noon to 2 pm in my office
(Room 5205 Canal Building).
- The submission deadline for the project report has been postponed until Sunday, December 13.
Guidelines for the project report are posted in the Project section.
- Student presentations:
- The presentation schedule is posted here.
- Each student will have 13 minutes for the presentation: 10 min for the
talk per se and 3 min for short questions.
- Please submit your presentation by 10 am the day you are scheduled to present. Use your name as file name for the slides.
- The presentations will be evaluated both by the instructor and by the
students in the audience. Please print (double-sided if possible) and bring to class for each presentation day the following evaluation form:
- Please write "SYSC 5708: " in the message subject when you are sending me an e-mail
(e.g., "SYSC 5708: project proposal" or "SYSC 5708": assignment"). This will help me find your messages faster.
- The project proposal instructions are now posted (see below).
- Schedule of student presentations according to Monday's lottery (Oct. 5th).
Students not scheduled yet should contact the instructor.
- The lectures are scheduled in room Southam Hall 417 on Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:05 pm - 2:25 pm.
- According to the Carleton Graduate Calendar, the classes start on September 2, 2015.
The first SYSC 5708 lecture will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015 and the second lecture on Friday, Sept. 4
(which runs on a Monday schedule). Monday, Sept. 7 is statutory holiday and the university is closed,
so the third lecture will take place on Wednesday, Sept 9.
After that, we will follow the regular schedule with with Monday and Wednesday lectures.
- The course notes will be password-protected due to IP concerns; the login and
password will be provided in class.
Petriu, Email: email@example.com
Room 5205 Canal Building, Tel. 520-5652.
Lab Health and
Assignment 1: Due date Wed. October 7, 2015.
Assignment 2: Due date Mon. November 2, 2015 (after the study break)
Assignment 3: Due date Fri. December 4, 2015
Project Proposal Instructions: Due date Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015
List of projects submitted and approved by Oct. 14
Final Project Report Guidelines
OMG Unified Modeling Language (OMG UML) Version 2.5: UML v.2.5
Semantics of a Foundational Subset for Executable UML Models (fUML): fUML v.1.1
Polarsys Webpage: https://www.polarsys.org/
The Eclipse foundation (the open source
implements the UML metamodel)
Papyrus UML (open source)
Visual Paradigm for UML Community Edition (VP-UML CE) (free tool)
Visio Stencils for UML 2